We are thrilled to report the incredible response from within the national MMA community for affiliation with the English Mixed Martial Arts Association (EMMAA).
In recent months, during the national lockdown, EMMAA reached out to every MMA club and gym in England to reassure the MMA community we are continuing to work hard to improve standards across the sport, while looking for additional opportunities to help you grow your businesses and the sport as a whole.
During current trying times, we believe it is clearer now more than ever of the need to come together as a single community in order to grow the sport for all.
The response from within the MMA community has been overwhelming and EMMAA is thrilled to report that a total of 45 clubs and gyms from across the nation are now signed up, free of charge, as members of the EMMAA and this continues to grow on a weekly basis.
EMMAA President, Marc Goddard commented:
“I’m personally thrilled and remain very thankful to the clubs and individuals that have reached out in response to our first appeal. We know and fully undertake that the road is long, but the foundation that we are building together, right now, is bringing the MMA community together and will come to fruition and achieve its goals in the coming months and years. Thank you!”
As detailed within the membership campaign, current EMMAA board objectives include:
- Club Affiliation as an approved EMMAA Gym, offering IMMAF coaching certifications and support in all areas of code of conduct, ethics and best practice, providing you with tools to enhance your offering to your students both existing and new.
- Specialist Insurance and related benefits to both support your gym and your members.
- Access to regional and national competition to select Team Members to go through to IMMAF World Championships with categories from Cadets to Adult.
- Free access to educational information regarding athletic performance, Nutritional strategies, strength & conditioning and weight cutting best practice.
- Recommendations on competition and best practice promotions, clarification on rules and how to qualify best practice medical and safety standards during competition.
- Clothing, equipment and sports supplement discounts with some of the best brands in the market.
- A direct voice to the government sports ministry, leading to acceptance of MMA as a sport in England, opening up revenue streams for all via sports lottery funding etc.
EMMAA is a non-profit association, recognised by IMMAF as England’s sole MMA federation. But to grow and be heard we need your support too.
Please register your interest in becoming an affiliate EMMAA member at zero cost by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.