Do you dream of a career in mixed martial arts? Then you need EMMAA in your corner.
The English Mixed Martial Arts Association (EMMAA) is delighted to announce the launch of its official industry programme for 16-19-year olds, designed to create the next generation of industry leaders.
The unique two-year course provides students with the opportunity to combine academic studies with a full-time MMA training schedule, progressing them into four exciting industry pathways: Professional Athlete, University, Coaching and Industry Specific Roles (ie. judge, referee, media etc).
The Sixth Form style course will launch initially in September 2020 for students based in the North West, but EMMAA has designs to take the scheme nationwide to at least six sites inside three years.
EMMAA are also offering a Gap Year option, for post A-level students looking to enhance their CV’s before progressing onto University.
The MMA Industry Programme will be exclusive to EMMAA affiliated clubs and is fully funded for successful applicants while also offering renumeration for their home clubs.
Our graduates will:
- Study a BTEC in sport and gain UCAS points for University progression
- Gain professional coaching & recognised industry related qualifications
- Develop a unique CV in the world’s fastest growing sport
- Earn while you learn
- Gain real life coaching experience in a diverse array of settings which include children, novice & performance combat sports
- Gain important industry knowledge through bespoke work experience opportunities
- Develop a comprehensive professional Industry network
- Hone vital entrepreneurial skills developing and running your own projects
- Exciting domestic & international enrichment opportunities
Students will train and do most of the coaching at their home club, but all education will be hosted by the EMMAA registered training centre. The course is also tailored to the student and their home club.
Each student will access a full-time training programme, while a typical day will consist of:
- Training every morning (at home club if possible)
- Studies in the afternoon at EMMAA affiliate training facility
- Coaching in the evening (at home club)
- Second training session (at home club)
Places are extremely limited for 2020, but to apply or for more information send an enquiry email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
COMING IN 2021… Hot on the heels of the MMA Industry Programme, 2021 will also see the formation and application of the EMMAA Coaching qualification grading scheme. More information will be available shortly.