12th April 2021
12th April marks the next stage in the easing of Government restrictions. Please see below for some more information on this and some links you may find useful:
Confirmed for 12th April 2021
• Indoor Gym, leisure centres and swimming pools re-open for individual use
• Group Exercise not allowed
• Indoor sports courts can re-open
• Indoor 1:1/bubble PT/coaching/teaching can commence for adults
• All Covid-secure guidelines must be followed, including details around Test and
• Indoor Sport allowed for under 18’s.
• Parent and child groups of up to 15 people (not counting children aged under five
years old) can restart indoors
5th January 2021
On Monday 4th January the Prime Minister announced England would be going into a National Lockdown to try to reduce the steep rise of infection.
Leisure and sports facilities such as leisure centres and gyms are included in the list of businesses that have been instructed to close.
Some businesses are permitted to be open for a small number of exempt activities which includes:
- education and training – for schools to use sports, leisure and community facilities where that is part of their normal provision
- childcare purposes and supervised activities for those children eligible to attend
- for elite sports persons to train and compete (in indoor and outdoor sports facilities).
Full details on the restrictions and the businesses this affects can be found on the Government website. See the link below.