One of our goals is to develop and promote MMA within this country and a key component of doing this is by ensuring good coaching practice.
The IMMAF Coach Education and Certification Program exists to help coaches develop the best level of competence, gain presentation and teaching skills and acquire a sound knowledge of training methodology.
What are the aims of the program?
1. To set the standards for coaching practice in amateur MMA world-wide.
2. To help coaches develop and acquire an appropriate level of competence, including technical level.
3. To regulate coaching practice and ensure that continuous professional development is in place and that coaches remain informed of the latest developments and trends in the sport.
How is the program structured?
The IMMAF Coach Education and Certification Program (CECP) is a three-tiered progression in coaching competency. Levels 1, 2 and 3 correspond to the specific part of the participation pyramid – beginners, advanced and elite performance athletes.
The IMMAF Coaching Certification Program respects national educational standards and will adhere to all compulsory policies and requirements in the field of physical education and sport in a particular country (First Aid, Child Protection, Equality in Sport, Criminal Records Check, etc).
Coach Level 1 (Bronze Award)
The coach shall have a minimum technical grade of Green Belt to:
- be able to confidently deliver the IMMAF Progression scheme up to the level of Green Belt
- be able to occasionally run training sessions according to given plan and stand-in for senior coaches in their absence
- be able to grade the club members up to the level one degree lower than his own grade (Yellow and Orange)
Coach Level 2 (Silver Award)
The coach shall have a minimum grade of Purple Belt to:
- be able to confidently deliver the IMMAF Progression Scheme up to the level of Purple Belt
- be able to train and develop both recreational and performance level athletes and offer them individual development programmes
- be able to run medium-term training programmes in the club
- grade club members up to the level one degree lower than his own grade (up to Blue)
- be able to deliver the youth development programmes
Coach Level 3 (Gold Award)
The coach shall have a minimum grade of Black Belt to:
- be able to confidently deliver the full IMMAF Progression Scheme
- be able to plan and run the long-term training programmes
- be able to grade the club members up to Brown Belt level
- be able to prepare the athletes for competing in the international events
- be able to manage the national team members during their performance in the international event
Our members and affiliate members now have access to the grading app released by The International Mixed Martial Arts Federation. The grading app has a syllabus and allows students and coaches to grade in MMA.
Who can use it?
Any of our members and affiliate members can access the app. Athletes and coaches can grade in MMA. Once coaches have reached the required level they can grade their students too.
If you’d like to become a member or an affiliate member or you are already a member or affiliate member that would like to access this course please fill in the form below.
How does it work?
Once you are a member or an affiliate member and have notified us you would like to do the course we will set you with a logon and details of the app to download.
The theory work you do as part of the course will be assessed and approved (if the required standards are met) by an IMMAF approved coach.
The second part of the course is a practical day where coaches will meet at regional venues and assessment is completed, a great opportunity to also network and share ideas.